Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hunger Games - the wait is almost over

Last year I was introduced the book by my niece. By the time I finished the first chapter I was hooked. Of course I'm referring to Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy. And now, it's coming to the big screen next week. March 23. I can't wait - a point you probably knew already based on the countdown clock on this page.

For those of you living under a rock, here's one of several trailers for the movie:



Reviews are coming in, and they are almost unanimously praising the movie. They seem to feel it captures the raw emotion that the story is meant to evoke. That makes me happy, because there's nothing worse than movies that mess up a good book. I'm very confident that won't happen here.

So I can't wait for a week from tonight. I'm traveling for work this week so I'll miss opening night - indeed, I'll miss the midnight movie experience that I always enjoy so much. But a week from tonight, I'll get together with good friends who are also fans, and we'll take it in as a group.

If you see it, I'd love to hear your thoughts afterward. Rest assured, you'll hear mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment