Sunday, April 24, 2011

He's alive and I'm forgiven...

Christmas is a great celebration and alot of fun. I love Thanksgiving. But this is my favorite holiday weekend...even though from a work standpoint, it's not even a holiday. Why?

  • God showed his love for me through the ultimate sacrifice, Jesus' death on the cross. Through the cross, he has showered me with mercy (withholding punishment that I deserve) and grace (giving me blessings I don't).
  • On the third day Jesus burst through the gates of death, defeating the grave for all time demonstrating God's acceptance of his Good Friday sacrifice.
  • Because of this event, I can have life as it was intended now and life with him forever.
I really can't put it into words. So here, in song, is why I love Easter:


In the words of Isaac Watts:

Were the whole realm of nature mine, 
That were an offering far too small.
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment