Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Changing the world

Water. Drinkable water.

A basic need in life, and something we take for granted here in the U.S.A.

In many parts of the world, it is a luxury.

My friend Amy spent some time last year reaching out to children in Uganda, and in doing so she partnered with some folks who are trying to do something about it. Not just finding water, but finding a way to purify water so those most in need can have it.

But I can't do it justice with my words, so here is a slide show in the link below. By watching it you will do two things: learn more about how you can help, and also provide views that might help win the project a grant toward to the work. So please watch it:

IHPO - Changing the world

Cool, huh?

What can I do to change the world? Well, I can jump on board and help young people with this kind of vision. But even more important, I can follow their example - use my talents and gifts for more than just making money. Use them to make a difference for people God loves.

Food for thought. And prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment