Monday, February 27, 2012

It's over

If you are the one who reads this blog regularly (hi sis!), you may remember the post last month about my broken foot.

Because of it, I had to wear this thing around for the last four weeks:


Well, today the doctor told me I could take it off. Yay! And since it was on my right foot, that also means I can drive. Freedom!

I still have to be careful. Doc said no playing sports for a month, and I need to be very careful not to turn it again.

But more than that, I need to make sure I don't forget the lessons I learned. I still need my family. I still need my friends. Just because I can get around now doesn't mean that I shouldn't depend on people who love me. And most of all, I learned that being dependent is good, and that means depending on the Lord.

Lord, keep me mindful that I'm still broken without your presence. I need you. Don't let me forget to be dependent.


Now...where are those car keys?

No comments:

Post a Comment