Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Whatcha doing this summer?

No, it's not too early to think about summer - especially once football season ends. To do really cool stuff, sometimes you have to plan ahead. Travel. Time off work. Seeing friends and family. Yep, we may be in the cold of winter, but summer isn't too far away.

Three years ago, my niece Brooke challenged me to do something different. Instead of just going to the beach, or going on a cool vacation, she wanted me to take her to Africa. Not for a safari, but to visit children who were in desperate need of someone to love them.

My life has never been the same. I found a community in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia that I couldn't get out of my head...or heart.


Last summer, I led a small team back there - here are some highlights:



So what are you doing this summer? If you have a week, pray about joining us on a Visiting Orphans team as we return to share the love of Christ with these amazing children and their families. Registrations have really picked up in the last week, but there are still several spots.

Here is the page with more info about the trip and how to register:

Manis team, Ethiopia, June/July 2013

I can't wait to go back...hope you'll be with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment