Sunday, November 20, 2011

State champs!


Friday night, the Leon High School volleyball team captured the Florida 6A state championship. (Read all about it here.)

I am so happy for my friend Rebecca Elyea, the team's setter, and her father, my long time friend (more like a brother) Steve. Rebecca has worked toward this moment a long time and she deserves it. It will be a lasting memory as this was her last game as a senior. What a way to go out!

I will always remember getting to be there in person for the big semifinal win. It was awesome hanging with her family and watching the match with them. And then celebrating afterwards with a meal at BWW as they prepared for the championship. It was an amazing, fun 24 hours.

I had to get back before the final, but through the miracle of modern technology, I was able to watch the championship match live online. And I was pacing around the room nervously like I do for Bama games. What a night!

Yes, I was able to watch the whole thing, and it is still up for viewing here.

It sounds good so I'll write it one more time: Leon Lions, state champs! Congrats, Becca!

1 comment: