Friday, June 29, 2012

It's finally here...Ethiopia

Well, it's almost time. As soon as I've written this and finished with some last minute packing, I will crawl into my bed for the last time 'til a week from Sunday. Tomorrow night, with a drive to Atlanta, I begin this year's trek to a place that has captured a huge piece of my heart - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

It began two years ago on a trip to this place as well as Uganda. I went back last year and confirmed my feeling that it was a place to invest in.

And now we return. I will be traveling with an amazing team of six other people. I can tell from our communications and conference calls that they are going to be a fantastic group. Their enthusiasm bubbles through every time I get an email or see a Facebook post from any of them. I can't wait to get started working with them.

In addition, there's a bonus for me personally. I already knew that a member of my 2010 team would be there. Denae has returned to Korah twice for longer terms since then, and has been there since January. But I found out last night that two more members of my old team, Laura and Jennifer, will be there for part of the time as part of another VO team. So it will be a reunion of sorts - not a party but something better. Serving the Lord together in the same venue that we first did.

I will try to blog as the week progresses. Internet access there can be spotty, so the posts I write may be published after I get back. But I will try to post as we go along.

So as we begin, can I ask you to pray for us? Pray for our team to get their last minute packing done efficiently. Pray for smooth and safe travel as we prepare to all meet up in Washington, DC, and as we go on from there to Addis. Then for a great day of worship and travel recuperation Sunday as we prepare to hit the ground running Monday. But most of all, be praying for the children we will be visiting, that God would prepare their hearts to blessed by his love through us.

Thank you so much. I can't wait to share the amazing things that happen.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you guys!!! Remember every detail, I want to hear it all! I am living my life through you right now, you know :-) One day it will be my turn again, but until then I have an important job on this side and that is holding you guys up in prayer! :)

    ReplyDelete