Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fail!

It was one of those days.


Yesterday it just seemed that I was a little out of sorts at work. Just a tad off. For example, I left a cup of coffee in a colleague's office and then accused everyone of hiding it from me. Goodnaturedly , mind you, but I did throw out the idea that they were messing with me.

And then I got the message above from our scanner.

Al that happened was this. Very innocent. I got ready to scan a document and have it sent to my email. I punched in the file mane and hit the button. But it wouldn't scan. I tried it twice, and both times the machine printed out the report above.

So I charge over to our department's machine expert and ask her, Has this ever happened to you? What should I do about it? Should I call the help desk?

Um, no. Instead of calling the help desk, maybe I should just ENTER MY EMAIL ADDRESS so it'll know where to send the stinkin' file!

Oops.

Everyone in the department was roaring with laughter. It's always fun when the department head looks like a fool. Ha. Ha.

Kind of reminded me of the time when I had bad arithmetic on a staff chart. Again...oops.

I'm sure there's some sort of lesson here. Something to do with making sure you are connected to the source. But that's for another day. For now, it's enough to say that you've gotta be able to laugh at yourself, or you'll go crazy.

So laugh away...I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment