Thursday, February 21, 2013

Random thoughts on a Thursday

It has been an absolutely crazy week, and I am so glad to have a couple of days off work. I am in Nashville for a very important long weekend - the team leaders for Visiting Orphans trips are gathering for training, prayer, and building community. I know it's going to be informative, stretching, uplifting, and yes, fun. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of my co-workers in for the Kingdom. But right now, I think I'm mostly looking forward to some time away from my the office.

So, as I come up for air for the first time in a few days, here are the first few things that run through my mind:

  • Paul is right: God's power is made perfect in weakness. The things that have made this week so stressful would probably bore you, but I have been feeling enormous pressure. A few friends and family have been praying for me (if you read this, THANK YOU!) and I have felt it. It seems that the harder things are, the more I notice the Father standing with me and giving me strength. I am grateful. It may sound weird, but at times I even get a rush when things are hard because I feel his presence so strongly in it.
  • Time with friends and family recharge my batteries so much. There is no doubt that God created us for community. In the midst of a tough week, I literally have spent every evening starting Sunday with people who care about me, and it made such a difference. I love every single one of them.
  • I am so ready to get this VO retreat (or, as they're calling it, "advance") started. Focusing on the fact that I will be headed back to Africa in 127 days reminds me of what I'm about.
  • Finally, and this is really random, I am such a Southerner. How much of one? I was using Siri the other day to send a text message, and the iPhone turned the word "wise" into "walleyes." That's right...the fish. How many syllables do I need to say simple words? I guess some of my new friends this weekend will get a chuckle out of that.
Well, that's about it. Hope you all have a great weekend...I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment