Friday, September 9, 2011

"Desperation Block"

Boy, do I have a story to tell! This has already been one of the wildest I can ever remember in terms of constantly changing situations and plans. Flexibility has been the key to surviving as Macy, Haley and I have made pour way to State College for the Bama game.

But that story will have to wait for another day...mainly because it isn't over yet.  We're still hear, there's still flooding and we may end up making even more adjustments. So when it's over, a story for you.

In the meantime, I can't help but think back to 22 years ago and my last trip to Happy Valley. It is a sweet memory because it is the only football road trip I ever took with my mother - just her and me. It was so cool spending time with her in that way. So as I sit her in my hotel room on the eve of the game, I am do missing her.

She would love that I'm here with two of her granddaughters though, and that makes me happy.

I still remember the sheer joy on her face in the moments after Thomas Rayum blocked a chip shot filed goal, preserving the Tide's undefeated season to that point. And on mine, not just because we won the game, but because this special trip with my mom was ending so well.

So in memory of her and that trip, I close with this clip of the decisive moment in that game. Mom, I love you.

Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment