Saturday, July 19, 2014

Surprise!

What a great day!


I love surprises - both when I am surprised and when I can surprise someone. That's why I loved my niece Macy's plan to throw a surprise party for her mother (my sister) today. And the best thing is...it worked!

So much fun when we saw Kristy walk in the door to see her family and friends.



And then we ate. Awesome burgers, awesome trimmings, homemade ice cream, and one of the best cakes ever.


Swimming, boating, talking...just hanging out.




I really think days like today are a tiny glimpse, a shimmer, of the joy God has prepared for his children in the new heavens and new earth. Eternity basking in the glory of the Lamb, and living life in community with all the saints from through out history. It's going to be glorious!

But while we wait for that, we can enjoy days like today. Awesome!

Happy birthday, sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment