Thursday, November 22, 2012

In 140 words or less: Red Dawn 2012

Red Dawn is a remake of the 1984 classic:



Remembering how much I liked the original, I watched them back to back tonight.

There is no comparison. The writing, pacing, and dialogue were on a whole different level. Leaving the  cinema tonight, I was moved and inspired by the story in a powerful way.

In the movie, there are forces of evil threatening and attacking our freedom as Americans, and this small group of kids fought back, causing havoc among the enemy forces. They do so at great personal sacrifice and make a difference.

As I watched, I thought about the forces of evil we all face - they are real. Am I willing to fight back? At what cost?

It entertained, made me think, and I left with a new perspective. If I were you, I'd check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment