Thursday, June 28, 2012

LIfe goes on, part 2

In my life, I have been blessed with the best friends any one could have. Some of them are from my school days. Others I met at work. As I talked about in my last post, the ones that have endured are the ones I invest time in.

But in the last few days, I have noticed the most common source of friends. I tend to get close to people with whom I share the most important thing in my life. Not surprising really. After all, it's hard to be close to someone when you're not even walking on the same path.

I thought of this because I have been writing and talking a lot with friends I've met in the last two years. People that were on my previous Visiting Orphans teams. People who are currently on or preparing to go on various trips with VO. And the new friends who are about to embark to Ethiopia with me.

And so I look back, and I see that many of my most important relationships (besides family) come from similar places. Friends I made in the early years of being involved in youth ministry at my church. Fellow YoungLife leaders over the years. And more recently, friends I've made through VO.

Yes, there are other relationships that are very important to me and have lasted. But it has been hard not to notice the number of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, and text messages I've shared in the last few weeks with my fellow Kingdom workers. I don't think it's a coincidence.

So invest time in people. And find those who are walking the same life path as you. If you do, I think you'll find the same thing I have: people who make your life far richer than you could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment