Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Saturdays

Yes, I love college football.  Today is a great example of how much.  As I write this, I am sitting in my uncle's Columbia, SC living room.  And I am watching Nevada play San Jose State.  Not much of a game. Teams aren't very good. Everyone else went to bed over an hour ago.  My team lost today.  I should be tired of this...but I'm not.

For one thing, road game weekends are my favorite right now, as I talked about here.  That's true win or lose...another weekend with my nieces is awesome.

Also, you should have been there today.  The energy as a stadium hosts the top-ranked, reigning national champions is fantastic.

The ebbs and flows of being at a game are addicting, and I could even appreciate the joy in the place when they actually pulled off the upset.  (Didn't like it, but I could appreciate it.)  We actually stood there for about 10 minutes and watched the celebration.  Now THAT's joy -- when they can do what only they believed they could do.  They didn't just come close - they beat us. Congratulations to South Carolina!

So I sit here.  Watching football and blogging.  Only one quarter of this game is left.  Can't wait for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment