Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Going back...

One of the most amazing things about my time in Africa was the way I saw it affect the lives of so many new friends, as well as my niece Brooke.  As I gathered with many of them less than two weeks ago, I learned that at least four of them are returning this December.  Others are feeling God tugging for them to make major changes in their life path.  My own life has been forever changed as the plight of the fatherless is at the forefront of my mind and heart as never before.  Whenever you put yourself in God's will, expect him to move!

All around me I see God's heart for the dark continent.  I ran into a friend in Panama City whose church was about to embark on a trip to build wells in Tanzania.  They just returned.  I have mentioned in a previous blog post that another friend went to Malawi as part of preparation for his church to find mission focus there.  He has now posted an incredible video of his time there -- please go to his blog for his comments about it, but you can watch it here:

Malawi Highlights from Rob Webster on Vimeo.


Yes, God is moving in Africa and I want to continue to be a part of it.  I am considering whether he is calling me back next summer on a specific trip with Visiting Orphans where I would be able to go to Ethiopia with some of my 2010 team.  Please pray for me as I make that decision.

One more thing: My friend Elissa is "going back" -- she is one of the people I mentioned who is returning in December.  I am amazed at her passion and trust in the Lord to lead her as she follows him.  So here is link to her latest blog post, "December is coming fast!"  She is looking for men and women of God who take James 1:27 seriously and want to partner with her in some way.  Would you do me a favor and prayerfully read her post?  I believe that God will richly bless you for anything you are led to do, including praying for her.

Thanks!  Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... :)

1 comment:

  1. Miss you friend...thank you for your kind words. See you soon!

    Elissa

    ReplyDelete